Thursday, May 29, 2008

Deepness of Commitment

After retiring from busy house keeping, I commit myself to run a school which is the realization of my dream.I want to have a legacy which provides an everlasting memories not only for me but for my generations

The photo displayed was taken during the Ist Baccalaureatte and Commencement Exercises, last April 2, 2007. This defines my tears of joys for those graduates who trusted me in managing the school. There were lines too that i surf on the internet to support my idea in writng. I am really thankful to Wikipedia for the words that I extracted and the others.




Commitment means to duty or pledge to something or someone. This refers to personal commitment. We say it is personal because, the interaction is dominated by obligations. This obligation may not be mutual or self imposed, or explicitly stated or may not. In an organization, commitment is the basic philosophy, spirit and drive. Have lot more to do with its relative achievements than to do theological or economic resources, organizational structure, innovation and timing. All these things weigh heavily in success. But is transcended by how people in the organization believed in its basic precepts and how faithfully carry them out.

We practice commitment to a set of values principles or beliefs. It leads to a common vision and purpose with in the organizations. The same is true on one self. The way you act as a leader. The combination of these two serve as foundation to effectively maintain the other practice for commitment. I encounter this deepness of commitment when I commit myself to be a head of an institution. It is suicidal in nature after retiring my self to mind nothing but my six children. I think, there is nothing more challenging than rearing the later. But when I accept the challenge as a head, I have asked ALLAH (s.w.t) to lose everything except my family and my carrier. My carrier inter into a dilemma when intrigues are energized by jealousy and the absence of exposures. I was a plain housewife whose exposure is to materialize the needs of my family. I, being a stranger to an academic school was totally blind on leadership and management. Though I know that my Bachelors degree and two majors in College may materialize but I still have a second thought of handling the job.

I run a newly legislated secondary school in a nearby municipality. On the first day of my service, it comes on my mind that an existence of this school primarily, is population. With exception on classrooms because we are temporarily house in an elementary school, we start by knocking at every household door. We tried to convince them on related importance of having a school nearby. Besides, the financial problems will be minimized. To evaluate how far they understand the mission of the school and the management has no proof. A sound judgment has no power. As we turn our way back to station, murmur is louder than thunder…that school is faked. Some believed on us, as few observed. We tried on the few who listen and honor our invitations.

This is just the beginning of our agony. We survey on those jobless College graduates, regardless of age, who may qualify for teaching. This stage is not a hindrance. There are many who hand on their document that may qualify them. Of course, we select for the qualified one. Without screening them on their area of specialization, we have selected six. With my very limited knowledge on managing this area, I failed to accommodate equally on subject area. After series of meeting with the new teachers, we found out that none of them is qualified in handling mathematics. An initial complication within me, arise. The question of who might be the mathematic teacher was erased. It must be me instead. I cannot insist that I am the head, and I must not be one is fruitless, for this is part of my commitment.

On the very hour of my service as math teacher, the four corners of the classroom become smaller that I felt every bit of my heart. But, what else can I do, if that must be the deepness of commitment. I am just extra careful not to expose my whole being. I must be thankful with the Phoenix Company for their Elementary Algebra. It is in this that I gain a reason to continue my teaching to this date, even with the coming of my two qualified one. I start liking this profession with out hazard. Teaching and management go together while running school. Financial shortage in mobilizing follows next.

ALLAH (s.w.t.) listened to my prayer. I survived with those intrigued of genuineness but I become a pauper. I have to utilize all my resources, just to run the school smoothly. One morning, I found out I am nobody but a mere volunteer teacher. I want to cry but my tears had dried. I cannot turned back, the shadow of my co-teachers follow me. I am reminded of my commitment that keeping forward is the only command that I must attend to. The students need me and the entire community entrust this legacy so that the entire populace will be provided. No one dare to support me. I might be insane, why did I go with this most congested situation. The usual I change, unlike before, walking like Christmas tree. Not to mention them, they all gone to jewelry store just to grasp the chances that benefited the school.

It was just a while, we say because, on the fourth year of our operations, we are blessed and so, we are now all permanent teachers looking forward for another endeavor. Though we succeed but the deepness of commitment is still there. It is the combination of both supporting and improving behaviors that makeup the practice of commitment. Separately neither action is capable of sustaining commitment. Promoting alone can come across a shallow and Pollyannaish. Continuous improvement can be seen as “good is not enough”. Together they provide a needed balance. Both are essential to commitment.

This was the first article that I wrote. This was already published on one of the most popular Website in our locality. However due to my interest of having blog of my own, I result on having one. I posted it here for it served as my legacy in writing. This article is closely related on my being a head, a teacher and a mother.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The initial feeling that struck me earlier upon viewing your blog post was Wow… Ma'm Shynab must be great and wonderful mother I said to myself. With ebullience along with my great curiosity, I wasted no single time and I immediately start reading your articles line by line. You know most of the lines were very touching Indeed. Because there were many lines that recollect the old memories of the past. As if I smell the freshness of struggle, oodles of sorrow and the river of pain that I all have gone through. To succeed we must try…and try again, we must believe in what we are doing. And most of all, we mustn’t give up, we must be patient, and keep on pushing; bearing in mind that life is constant battle. And I am sure at every end of the day, there’s something we learnt as we cross from multiple stream of sacrifice; Quandaries and difficulties always give us the chance to become stronger, better and tougher. ===================================
And some parts were very inspiring; I can’t help of thinking sometime achieving success is like wrestling with gorilla, quitting when the gorilla quits. Of course, a bulk of hardships and a ton of roadblocks have to be cleared-off down on the winding road to success. You really sacrificed everything for the sake of the new generation's tomorrow; and that undoubtedly made you a golden instrument (you represent the golden compass). I believed that those efforts exerted by you were undertaken with so much hopes, determinations and aspirations. It was such an effort from a motivational perspective, by providing the new generations with promising incentives to achieve. You've certainly developed a direction in life and a way that will lead the generation to generation to a path to success. I think that’s the power of shaping the future. And that's the greatest achievement of all and the sole infinity legacy I ever know. I, who firmly believed that hard work pays back in the future.
I personally salute and congratulate you Madam Shynab on your dedication and commitment to education.


Ryan as "tisoy"

shyme said...

Thanks really..you must be a son to me. You realized now how old I am, surfing daily to find new ideas to support me on my battle for learning. Others may think that with my age now, I am retired. But I have asked God to extend my life, and allow me to continue what was started. This is my purpose in blog, to confine my memories.

shyme said...

out of curiosity, my paragraph reminded you of the past! Am sure there were paragraphs that touch you. All lines were inspirations for whom, whose story is similar to mine. I like to read your lines. Tanx again

Unknown said...

Absolutely, many paragraphs served as reminders of the past. Your son diary sounds like mine too. I also remembered my father who never gets tired from saying; “study hard and whatever may falls don’t give up your study; always bear in mind that sacrifice is the way up to brighter tomorrow and without that is impossible”. My father died shortly when I was in third year level at college.

Keep up your brilliant mission and more power

Many thanks too

Tisoy

shyme said...

really fun! I am just surprised how ryan discover my blog. On the bottom I discover you are Tisoy! Ah! my best mate in forum! I am very familiar with your diary, my nephew who is in abroad, Jeddah, KSA, has a story similar to yours. Only, your age did not match! I know too that he is fond of surfing.

Unknown said...

Let's have some fun, mathematics is one of my favorites subject, but i'm such no good in math. don't be surprised ma'm!

ryan + tisoy = me

They always work together that's why ryan found your blog.

shyme said...

I hope your formula works. Our forum mates might be missing us. Try to check some of your posts there. Its time for enrollment and I'll be little busy. I'll be posting some articles, someday after our enrollment.
Dont get bored with my blog, you will be discovering more about this busy mother of yours.