Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Seniors

This is my 3rd year handling review on Abstract. This is part of the College Entrance Test provided by The Mindanao State University Marawi City. This enable students, specially poor one to continue in College with less financial expenses. Most top and supervisors positions in the Government Agencies heals from this University. This was due to the quality of education that this University has provided to able student.
One good thing I have in this Universities is its role in Nation building. It is because of its location. It is away from Cities where in temptations on youth problem is minimal. No night clubs nearby, and the best was the absence of alcohol. Knowing Marawi City to be the only Islamic City in the Philippines, it forbids the selling of the same. The problem on accommodations like boarding is pro-poor. You can be accommodated with only 250 pesos a month. On foods, you can by delicious "pater"(maranao cooked-rice in a banana leaves with halal meat or chicken meat0 for only 10pesos. I short, an intelligent student can survive in a day for only 50pesos including banana toron and other agricultural product made available for snacks. This most favorable conditions will make a student to acquire a degree with a minimal financial support from parents.
The reasons from the above paragraph made me to ponder how my students especially senior to avail on privileges provided by this University to able and willing students. Since our school is just 2 and a half kilometer away from this University, it's a great chance for them to enjoy the same privilege of which academic performance is the key. The area that I'm reviewing to them covers 20% of the entrance test that it provides.
Considering the delicacy of this area, which covers aptitude test, figure analogy, literal series and number series with other related mathematical problem, I have to educate them on this area. With this related importance, I can not give-up on this review. Every day is a long day for me. I hope that my students can make it like my two batches of students. I know that this really help them. The distance is not a problem for they can just walk from and to this University for home.

No comments: