Friday, June 27, 2008

When Birds Sanctuary Becomes Meager





We regard a home to be complete with the members of the family around. Additional flags could be a garden, appliances, pets and a place to neutralize emotions, like trees, bearing or not bearing. Under their shades you can articulate your long awaited story of anger and annoyance in life.

Our garden at home is just enough to accommodate our contentment, surrounded by limited varieties of flowers with our overflowing care. Setting our alarm clock do not bother us, since the early hums of birds awakens us each day. There are those most friendly birds which hum on the rear side of our window, on top of mango tree. Others are mostly on top of Balimbing fruit bearing tree (Filipino fruit bearing tree), and wow! How sweet thus they hum, as if they confer an early vocation for the day. They are I think four if not five, because the alternating hum flash in the different part of that tree. The first mentioned birds on top of the mango tree till us the early break of dawn and the later are entail the shine of the day. The humming fastened as the sun rise up, hasten them to find foods. As their song vanished, we too move for work. I observed number of their variety with different characters. One group try to mingle with us and we call them Chinese bird though I do not know how it is being derived. Others are we call them Salayn, which they really are fond of playing on top of trees, up then down. I saw also few which only hum late in the afternoon and go after sunset.

It was weekend and I’m retiring from a long week. I satisfy my self by glancing at my garden, checking every discomfort they might have in my absence. I realize that some birds were still there on top of the trees but not humming nor conversing but too busy scrutinizing their poise. I was amused and I move further to the other side of my garden. For just a few of touch, I’m done with my early tasks in the garden. I have to leave and unwind for my computer passion. I past through the kitchen and prepare my breakfast and hot coffee. I prefer to have them in my bed room, when an unusual noise perpetrate. Our cat named Puti jumped and hid under my bed and the rest the cats followed as they were hastily hopping to catch the later. I have to come across and I uncover on the trouble. I am sure Puti has foods and want to have alone. But it is not the end, it might be a snake or a hazardous insects. It happened then that they bring inside a snake and play with it under my bed. Immediately, I secure my emergency lamp and find it out myself. Oh! A bird was squabbling and I hurried to save the bird. It was too late to take steps, because the bird was lifeless after withdrawing from the enemy. I feel cheerless, and decide to punish the captor but it was unwise.

After taking my breakfast, I went on my garden and imagine how did the bird was captured. It was impossible because the bird settled on top of the tree while the captor was mingling merrily with the other cats. I can imagine that the captive enters in the scene to catch worms upon my exit to the kitchen. The victim was not aware that its captor was looking for a delicious breakfast too. What was wrong on the move of the cat was his failure to think that I am there, willing and ready to feed them at a proper time. It is just bit uneasy to consider his patience in having a tasty breakfast. Perhaps, the cat considers his behavior to be a noble intention. He falls short on the distinctiveness of the bird. If he did, he must mind that the bird might be a mother or a father that looks for an appetizing breakfast of its family. I pity the family if they find it hard for the impossible return of their love one, not only for foods but for companionship. I can not bear to think the worries and hazards that my cat has for these poor victim. The captor seems like feasting when it catches the bird. It views like a strong soldier, a valiant soldier who won in battle. It assumes that catching birds for yummiest breakfast is the noblest act it did for the day.

The cat in this story was an animal that we can not enforce the law of the land because of his identity. But his noble purpose for a yummy breakfast hurt others feeling. But what if a man did the same? Would it be still similar? The law of the Land and our God Almighty consider it as crime. It is entitled to the proper enforcement of the law. Maybe, a man who committed alike thinks comparably with a cat. He considers a crime like this to be a noble intention because of needs. We can visualize a man who committed the same to be a hero among his family for providing the delectable breakfast in a day. Could it be a happiness of others, thinking it to be sufferings for some? I wish man who yearns for a family’s appetizing meals will not adapt the initiatives of a cat.

No comments: